What Is Hematuria?
Is the presence of red blood cells in the urine. It may be idiopathic and/or benign, or it can be a sign that there is a kidney stone or a tumor in the urinary tract (kidneys, ureters, urinary bladder, prostate, and urethra), ranging from trivial to lethal.
The two types of hematuria are:
- gross hematuria—when a person can see the blood in his or her urine
- microscopic hematuria—when a person cannot see the blood in his or her urine, yet it is seen under a microscope
What causes hematuria?
Reasons people may have blood in the urine include
- infection in the bladder, kidney, or prostate
- vigorous exercise
- viral illness, such as hepatitis—a virus that causes liver disease and inflammation of the liver
- sexual activity
- endometriosis—a problem in women that occurs when the kind of tissue that normally lines the uterus grows somewhere else, such as the bladder
More serious reasons people may have hematuria include
- bladder or kidney cancer
- inflammation of the kidney, urethra, bladder, or prostate—a walnut-shaped gland in men that surrounds the urethra and helps make semen
- blood-clotting disorders, such as hemophilia
- sickle cell disease—a genetic disorder in which a person’s body makes abnormally shaped red blood cells
- polycystic kidney disease—a genetic disorder in which many cysts grow on a person’s kidneys
Symptoms Of Hematuria
The visible sign of hematuria is pink, red or cola-colored urine — the result of the presence of red blood cells. It takes very little blood to produce red urine, and the bleeding usually isn’t painful. If you’re also passing blood clots in your urine, that can be painful. Bloody urine often occurs without other signs or symptoms.It’s possible to have blood in your urine that’s visible only under a microscope (microscopic hematuria).
When To seek Medical Treatment
Make an appointment to see your doctor anytime you notice blood in your urine.
Some medications, such as the laxative Ex-lax, and certain foods, including beets, rhubarb and berries, can cause your urine to turn red. However, blood in the urine looks distinctly different.
A change in urine color caused by drugs, food or exercise may go away within a few days. But you can’t automatically attribute red or bloody urine to medications or exercise; that’s why it’s best to see your doctor anytime you see blood in your urine.
How Hematuria Is Diagnosed
This can simply be done by a competent and qualified health practitioners taking sample of your urine to confirm that you have hematuria. In women, blood can get into the urine during menstruation. Your doctor may want to repeat the urine test between periods.
Once your doctor has confirmed that you have hematuria, he or she will ask about your medical history and your family’s medical history, especially any history of kidney disease, bladder problems or bleeding disorders.
Your doctor also will ask about any recent trauma or strenuous exercise, recent viral or bacterial infections, the medications you take, and your symptoms, including more frequent urination, pain with urination and pain in your side.
Your doctor also will examine you. He or shewill take your temperature and blood pressure, and will see if you have pain or discomfort in your side or over your bladder.The doctor may recommend that women undergo a pelvic examination, and men undergo a prostate examination.
Your doctor will ask you for a fresh urine sample for a urinalysis. Urine is analyzed in the laboratory to look for protein, white cells and red cells to identify a kidney or bladder infection, or kidney inflammation (glomerulonephritis).
How Hematuria Can Be Prevented
It’s generally not possible to prevent hematuria, though there are steps you can take to reduce your risk of some of the diseases that cause it. Prevention strategies include:
- Urinary Tract Infections
To reduce your risk of urinary tract infections, try drinking plenty of fluids, urinating when you feel the urge and after intercourse, and wiping from front to back after urination (for women). Avoid feminine hygiene products that may irritate your genitals.
- Kidney Stones
To help lower the likelihood of kidney stones, drink plenty of fluids and limit salt, protein and oxalate-containing foods, such as spinach and rhubarb.
- Bladder Cancer
Stopping smoking, avoiding exposure to chemicals and drinking plenty of fluids can cut your risk of bladder cancer.
- Kidney Cancer.
To help prevent kidney cancer, stop smoking, maintain a healthy weight, eat a healthy diet, stay active and avoid exposure to toxic chemicals.
In other to prevent hematuria related to strenuous exercise, switch to a less-intense exercise program. In general, you can help to prevent other forms of hematuria by following a lifestyle that fosters a healthy urinary tract:
- Stay well hydrated. Drink about eight glasses of fluid daily (more during hot weather).
- Avoid smoking cigarettes, which are linked to urinary tract cancers.
Natural Herbal Treatment For Hematuria (Blood In The Urine) Atosi Eleje
First Section: The Powder/ Agunmu
- Ewe lapa laps pupa (leaves of Jatropha Cossyplifolia )
- kahun bilala(Trona)
- ikarahun igbin (Achatina achatina)
burned everything together in a pot. Grind it into fine powder.
Uses: Take it two full table spoons with lime Orange juice (citrus aurantifolia).
Second Section: The Liquid/ Agbo Re
- Ododo Asunrin tabi Asunwon (Ring worm plants with scientific name Cassia podocarpa)
- Egunsin bars (bitter gourd with scientific name Citrullus nalatus)
- Kahun bilala (trona)
- Omi osan ganyinganyin(fresh juice if citrus aurantium)
- Adin ayan (Palm kernel oil)
Cut the bitter gourd in to pieces. Every ingredients listed should be put in local local clay pot. Cook together for 1 hour. Uses two table spoons of it two times a day.
Third Section: The Powder/ Agunmu
- Eyin open to pon (ripe fruits of Palm tree with scientific name Elaeis guineensis)
- Egbo agbon(root of coconut tree with scientific name coconucifera)
- Epon akukodiye(the ehol testicle of a cock)
- Abere meta(thee new needles).
Burn everything together in a Clay pot. Then remove all the needle. Grind the rest into a fine powder. Uses: One full tea spoon of the powder will be taking with water two times a day until heamtoria is cure. This last remedy work effective to cure Hematuria of any kind whether biological or spiritual attack.
For more Information you can call:
+2348097612915 or +2349025103701
Whatsapp number: +2348097612915
Office Address: No 3 , Tasmaq Streeet, Agboroko Off lasu Road, Iyana-Iba, Lagos