What is Insomnia?
If you can’t sleep, you may be wondering if you have insomnia. Insomnia is a complicated condition.
Insomnia commonly leads to daytime sleepiness, lethargy, and a general feeling of being unwell, both mentally and physically.
Facts on Insomnia:
- There are many possible causes of insomnia.
- An estimated 30-40 percent of Americans report experiencing insomnia each year.
- Often, insomnia is due to a secondary cause, such as illness or lifestyle.
- Causes of insomnia include psychological factors, medications, and hormone levels.
- Treatments for insomnia can be medical or behavioral.
Types Of Insomnia
Insomnia is commonly separated into three types:
- Transient insomnia – occurs when symptoms last up to three nights.
- Acute insomnia – also called short-term insomnia. Symptoms persist for several weeks.
- Chronic insomnia – this type lasts for months, and sometimes years. According to the National Institutes of Health, the majority of chronic insomnia cases are side effects resulting from another primary problem.
Causes of insomnia
Insomnia can be caused by physical and psychological factors. There is sometimes an underlying medical condition that causes chronic insomnia, while transient insomnia may be due to a recent event or occurrence. Insomnia is commonly caused by:
- Disruptions in circadian rhythm: Jet lag, job shift changes, high altitudes, environmental noise, extreme heat or cold.
- Psychological issues: Bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety disorders, or psychotic disorders.
- Medical conditions: Chronic pain, chronic fatigue syndrome, congestive heart failure, angina, acid-reflux disease (GERD), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, sleep apnea, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases, hyperthyroidism, arthritis, brain lesions, tumors, stroke.
- Hormones : Estrogen, hormone shifts during menstruation.
- Other factors: Sleeping next to a snoring partner, parasites, genetic conditions, overactive mind, pregnancy.
Signs and symptoms of insomnia
Insomnia itself may be a symptom of an underlying medical condition. However, there are many signs and symptoms that are associated with insomnia:
- Difficulty falling asleep at night.
- Waking during the night.
- Waking earlier than desired.
- Still feeling tired after a night’s sleep.
- Daytime fatigue or sleepiness.
- Irritability, depression, or anxiety.
- Poor concentration and focus.
- Being uncoordinated, an increase in errors or accidents.
- Tension headaches (feels like a tight band around head).
- Difficulty socializing.
- Gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Worrying about sleeping.
Natural Herbal Medicine For Insomnia (Aisan Airorunsun) In Yoruba
Section One (1): Soap (Ose) In Yoruba
- Ewe Patanmo Elegun Tutu Oojo ( Fresh Wild Shoot Leaves)
- Ose Dudu ( Native Soap)
- Grind the Fresh Wild Shoot Leaves and mixed with Native Soap
- Use it to bath every night before going to bed.
- Ao lo ja tutu toojo, Ao gun mon ose dud ti yio kun na daada.
- Ao ma fi we ale ki ato sun
Section Two(2): Sap (Agbo re) In Yoruba
- Ewe Ogbo Tutu ni aro kutukutu ti oojo ( Fresh Parquetina Nigrescens Leaves)
- Omi dede ike ti ale mu ( A cup of Clean water)
- Eyin Ororo kan ( One Fresh Native Egg)
- Milk Holland kan (Fresh Liquid Milk)
- Grind the Fresh Parquetina Nigrescens Leaves and Wash it with a Cup of clean water.
- Separate the Water from the Leaves.
- Break a Native Egg with the water separate and mixed together.
- Add a fresh liquid Milk and mixed all together.
- Drink it at once in the night before going to bed
- Make sure you drink all..
- Ewe Ogbo Tutu ni aro kutukutu ti oojo
- Ao fo nu yio mo dada
- Ao wa fi omi dede ike ti ale mu tan lekan na gbo
- Ao fi ase se, Ao wa fo eyin ororo kan mo
- Ao po papo daada
- Ao tu milk holland kan si, Ao po papo…
- Ao gbe mu lekan na lale ki a to sun
For More Information,you can Contact me:
+2348097612915 or +2349025103701 or +447875665733
Whatsapp number: +2348097612915 0r +447532740709
Email: email@example.com, Taiwo_temilade@yahoo.com
Office Address: No 3 , Tasmaq Streeet, Agboroko Off lasu Road, Iyana-Iba, Lagos
Thanks for taking your time read this article..