Neck pain is a common problem, with two-thirds of the population having neck pain at some point in their lives.
What Is Neck Pain Or Cervical Pain?
Neck Pain: Like a deep and strong root is a base of a strong tree, back bone (vertebral column / spine) has same place in human body. Spine is made of 33 vertebrae. 7 Out of 33 are related to our neck and these are known as cervical vertebra. These 7 vertebrae are responsible for working of neck, eyes, ears, brain, head, nose tongue, teeth and thyroid. That’s why any problem in neck also affects these body parts.
Neck pain, although felt in the neck, can be caused by numerous other spinal problems. Neck pain may arise due to muscular tightness in both the neck and upper back, or pinching of the nerves emanating from the cervical vertebrae. Joint disruption in the neck creates pain, as does joint disruption in the upper back.
Symptoms Of Neck Pain
In the beginning of Neck pain /cervical pain, patient feels pain and clamps (akdan) in neck. Slowly slowly pain and clamps increases. Then pain starts in shoulders, head and both hands. Patient feels numb ( sunn hona ) in both or one hand.
Neck pain can also be associated with headache, facial pain, shoulder pain, and arm numbness or tingling (upper extremity paresthesias). These associated symptoms are often a result of nerves becoming pinched in the neck. Depending on the condition, sometimes neck pain is accompanied by upper back and/or lower back pain, as is common in inflammation of the spine from ankylosing spondylitis.
Causes of Neck Pain
Here are the main causes of neck pain:
- Wrong way of sitting and standing.
- Lack of vitamins and minerals in food
- Eating oily, spicy and stale food.
- Lack of hard work.
- Sleeping on soft and thick surface
- Problem in digestion and CONSTIPATION
- Tension and anger
Natural Home Remedies For Neck Pain Or Cervical Pain
Food is the base of natural treatment. If patient is eating wrong food or unhealthy food which is lack of vitamins D , iron , calcium and phosphorus then it leads to issues in bone development which leads to osteopenia. To overcome this situation patient should eat food rich of vitaminsand calcium like carrot, lemon, amla (Phyllanthus emblica / amalaki ), radish ( mooli ), spinach (palak), Methi, fenugreek (methi), tomato, orange, mausami (SWEET LEMON ), apple, grapes, papaya etc. Patient should eat sprouted food.
Water therapy for neck pain
Water therapy for neck pain like steam bath, hot & cold water patti around neck and spinal cord bath are beneficial in cervical pain. It helps to relieve neck pain.
Neck pain treatment using sun rays
Red and orange sun rays are very beneficial in neck pain. Sun rays also provide vitamin D to make your bones stronger and developed. Patient should lie down on stomach for 10 minutes under sun rays to get sun rays directly on neck and spinal cord. Head should be covered with wet cloth to protect from sun rays.
Massage for neck pain / How to get rid of a Stiff Neck
Patient should have a massage on neck using mustard or Sesame Oil. Massage should be done using soft hands. It is best to have this massage under sun rays.
Yoga for neck pain / Neck pain exercises
- Move your neck forward and backward.
- Move your neck from left to right and right to left little bit fast for several minutes.
- Cold followed by heat is a quick, easy, and relaxing way to relieve some of the discomfort of a stiff.
- Sarpasana, bhujangasana and dhanurasana are best exercise for neck pain.
Things to remember
- Patient having neck pain should not do any mental hard work during treatment.
- Patient should not have any load on neck and eyes.
- Patient should sleep for 7 hours every day without any tension.
- Patient should focus on posture of sitting and standing. During sitting spinal cord should be straight
- Patient should sleep on hard surface rather than soft surface.
- Patient should not use pillow.